Sunday, November 18, 2012

Waiting: Fighting Against Time




“The wait is long, my dream of you does not end.” 
― Nuala O'Faolain, My Dream of You

waiting for you is like cursing the time.
it is going beyond what is immeasurable,
as what they say irrational.
sometimes i wish time would stand still...
for every second that comes brings me closer to infinity.


it's hard to be left behind... it's hard to be the one who stays. -The Time Traveller's Wife

what if i tell you i'm finally tired of waiting,
will you come back to me rushing?
what if i tell you i have my whole lifetime to wait,
will it take you take forever?


“I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, 
knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.” 
― Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

how many lamps should be lit to help you see the path?
how many minutes will it take you to find your way?
how many leaves will the trees shed to welcome the coldness of winter?
how will i ever find you in this darkness?


“I don't care how wonderful heaven is, I won't be content waiting thirty years for you.” 
― Jason F. Wright, The Wednesday Letters

it's not just about emotions.
pain would have killed me a hundred times if it was.
 it's all about making a choice.
it's all about having a decision.


"She doesn't know what's right. She doesn't know what's wrong. 
She only knows the pain that comes from waiting for him so long. 
And she doesn't count the teardrops that she's cried while he's away, 
because she knows deep in her heart, he'll be back someday."
 - Eagles, "The Girl from Yesterday"

stop. come back. and kiss me.

----o----

two, three, four years?
nobody holds the future.
maybe tomorrow, or the day after that.
or just maybe forever.
but for now i do not know.
in time. yes!
you will know.
i will let you know.

No comments: